Monday, December 1, 2008

Wow!!

Wow.....I am still in shock that we just celebrated Thanksgiving. Did that come fast or what? It was like I blinked and November was over. Now here's December, the month we celebrate our Lord and Savior's Birthday. This is my absolute favorite time of year to reflect on our Lords Birthday and to start the Advent Calendar. A friend of mine gave me this awesome link for an advent calendar to read for everyday leading up to Jesus Birth. Here's the link, be sure to check it out http://www2.focusonthefamily.com:80/focusmagazine/spiritualheritage/A000000600.cfm . I started mine today, totally spaced it yesterday. But it's all good. I used just a simple wreath and bought some candlstick holders (garage sale find), 3 purple candlesticks, one rose candlestick and a bigger white one for the center. It doesn't have to be fancy. I had my oldest daughter light the candle and my youngest daughter blow out the candle. It really helped us get in the spirit of the reason for the season--Jesus. Also, another tip my friend gave me (Thanks Deanna by the way) was to pray over the families that give you cards the day you recieve them. And we did that today and that was just a blessing to be able to do that for them.

This year I really want to reflect on the Lord, I know we can get caught up with all the Christmas shopping, programs, parties and other misc things that we sometimes miss what it's all about. The Lord really prompted my heart to just take it easy on those things and to reflect more on Him, to glorify Him more than all those other material things. Honestly, I have to say that it has been a challenge, but the more I reflect on Him, the more I want to reflect on Him and not the other things.

Usually, ever year I like to coordinate how the decorations we be on the tree, that no one wants to help me in the end, and I am such a perfectionist, our tree has to be perfect. Like I get all stressed out if it's not. The Lord told me this year it's not about the tree, it's about me. So this year, I let the girls do all the decorations, instead of just some. And I was way less stressful and they enjoyed it, the tree came out so good too. I loved the way my little one just lit up with joy of how she got to put up the decorations. That was a blessing, I wouldn't have been able to see that if I was putting them up. So thank you Lord for that. Thank you for stopping us in our tracks when we are going to fast. Thank you for everything: the good, the bad and the ugly. If it wasn't for you I don't know where I'd be and I thank you for You Lord.

I know I haven't been the perfect person, wife, mother or child and I'll never be, but you know that already. But Father would you continue to mold and shape me into the image and likeness of You. Would you continue to empty me of me and fill me with more of You. Would you please give me your eyes to see everything the way you do, to Love the way you Love. To be more like you. I love and thank you Lord sooo much. Continue to do a mighty work in me, my Husband and my beautiful girls.

THANK YOU JESUS!!! AMEN!! God Bless each and every one of you this year and this season!

In Him,
Adrienne

6 comments:

  1. Praise God! I can't wait to see your tree, especially since it was decorated by the princesses. Now don't move any ornaments until I can see it, lol. Oh, and you're welcome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post a pic soon, when I'm done, hopefully tonight!! Pray that I get determination to do it!!

    God Bless you!!!
    ADrienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! This was a wonderful post! It's great you let your girls decorate the tree. I love the fact you want a Christ centered Christmas!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sis this was amazing....I too am very focused on Jesus this season we started the Advent for the first time this year and have every night been truly blessed. To see the kids getting into it and hearing their precious prayers....
    only out of the mouth of the babes I love it. I as well allowed the kiddo's to take part in more of the decorating this year we just truly do not know how many more Christmas' we have and I want my kiddo's to enjoy the season in it's entirty.
    May God Bless your Home and from our family to your family MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    CINDY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! We too are doing the Advent Calendar for the first time this year since the girls are now old enough to follow...I understand about the Christmas tree! This is also the first year the kids did most of it, it's fairly "bottom heavy" with ornaments :) but well worth all the fun while they decorated it and now as they can see all their favorite ornaments at their eye level! Merry CHRISTmas! Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious. This year is quite different isn't it? I am so thankful for the times and focus on the fact that He's coming soon. I am blessed to hear that you are resting in Him and that the kids are making memories that will last a lifetime! Have a blessed time EXPERIENCING all things that are good from the Father of heaven.

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soo much for leaving an encouraging comment, I look forward to reading them and thank you for stopping by.

God Bless you!
By His Grace,
Adrienne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is the Truth?


What is the truth?
Truth is not a feeling. Truth is not an idea. The truth is found in the Bible.Sincerity and good works do not bridge the gap of sin between God and man. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse a person (Heb. 9:22; John 14:6). Sincerity and good works are merely the reliance upon what is in the individual to merit favor with God. Sincerity is a form of pride when it is appealed to as a justification for being accepted by God: "But God, look at my heart. See how sincere I was? I deserve to be in heaven."No. If sincerity and good works were good enough to satisfy God, then He wouldn't have given us the Bible to correct our sincerely wrong ideas, and He wouldn't have sent His Son to do what our good works cannot.Truth is what God says is true.The truth is important not because it is simply true. It is important because truth is what defines who and what we believe in.Eternity is a long time to be wrong. Especially about Jesus.

What me and my Family Believe

What We Believe
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be spiritual! Therefore we remain flexible so the Holy Spirit may direct our worship.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be inspirational! Therefore we give a great place to music in our worship.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be intelligent! Therefore, in our services, we emphasize Bible teaching so God may instruct us how He would be worshipped.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be fruitful! Therefore we look for His love in our lives as the greatest evidence that we are truly worshipping Him.

How To Know God

How to Know God

Realize that you are a sinner. No matter how good a life we try to live, we still fall miserably short of being a good person. That is because we are all sinners. We all fall short of God’s desire for us to be holy. The Bible says, “No one is good—not even one” (Romans 3:10 NLT). This is because we cannot become who we are supposed to be without Jesus Christ.Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.The Bible tells us, “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while were still sinners” (Romans 5:8 NLT). This is the Good News, that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die in our place when we least deserved it.Repent of your sin.The Bible tells us to “repent and be converted” (Acts 3:19 NKJV). The word repent means to change our direction in life. Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him.Receive Jesus Christ into your life.Becoming a Christian is not merely believing some creed or going to church on Sunday. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life and heart. Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your life) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in...” (Revelation 3:20 NKJV).

If you would like to have a relationship with Christ, simply pray this prayer and mean it in your heart.

Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess you as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me. Amen.If you just prayed that prayer and meant it, Jesus Christ has now taken residence in your heart! Your decision to follow Christ means God has forgiven you and that you will spend eternity in heaven.

The Bible tells us, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 NKJV).

Praise the Lord, if you just asked Jesus in your heart I want you to know that the Angels in Heaven are rejoicing for you and so am I. Go to http://www.calvarychapel.com/?show=Churches and click on churches to find the closest church to you and go. Go and tell them that you've just accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart. They will be able to lead you to the next step.

God Bless you Brethren.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus!!! Amen!!!
Your sister in Christ Jesus!!!
Adrienne