Saturday, January 15, 2011

What to wear, what to wear?


This is s question I ask every time I get ready..."what to wear, what to wear?" As I have been seeking God and asking Him if there is any area in my life that needs surrending.  I was immediately convicted. He had shown me that I haven't been seeking Him in this area in my life. I had not surrendered it to Him.
I recently read this quote and it was perfect for what God was showing me this week.

John MacArthur says this,

"How does a woman discern the sometimes fine line between proper dress and dressing to be the center of attention? The answer starts in the intent of the heart. A woman should examine her motives and goals for the way she dresses. Is her intent to show the grace and beauty of womanhood? Is it to reveal a humble heart devoted to worshipping God? Or is it to call attention to herself and flaunt her beauty? Or worse, to attempt to lure men sexually? A woman who focuses on worshipping God will consider careful how she is dressed, because her heart will dictate her wardrobe and appearance."

1 Timothy 2:9-10 (Amplified Bible):

9Also [I desire] that women should adorn themselves modestly and appropriately and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with [elaborate] hair arrangement or gold or pearls or expensive clothing, 10 But by doing good deeds (deeds in themselves good and for the good and advantage of those contacted by them), as befits women who profess reverential fear for and devotion to God.

I had asked God is what I wear pleasing to you? Does it stumble others? What am I allowing myself to be influenced by {clothing stores, other people, fashion trends}?  How am I representing the God I claim to love and live for?   Do I know the details of how God wants us to live as well as I know the details of what is in fashion? Am I seeking to become conformed to the image of Christ as much as (or more) than the image that our ever changing society throws in front of our faces?

And I have to confess there are many times that I've let this get in the way of my walk......I failed. We all fall short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23 (Amplified Bible) Since all have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory [a]which God bestows and receives.

With that conviction I prayed and repented that God would change me in this area to line up with His. This week while out shopping {where the conviction was more apparent}, I had become more and more convicted of what I am putting on?  After coming out of every store empty handed and dissappointed, it was clear that I knew that God was showing me in such a way that my focus was not on Him while shopping but on selfish things.  My heart began to focus more on what was pleasing to Him and not myself. He was changing me.  I need more of Christ in my life and less on me. I came across the quote from John MacArthur, up above, that was soo encouraging and helped put into perspective on my focus and where it needs to be. More on Gods word and what He has in it for me. I need to daily put on His appearal He has for me, His word and everything else will follow.

God that I may adorn my self with you, your agape love, would you line my heart and mind with yours. Thank you for your convictions, God I want to be pleasing in your sight. God forgive me if I've ever stumbled anyone is this area, and for my heart for seeking to please self and not you. Forgive me for the intent of my heart and my focus. Lord help me to consider carefully how I am to dress that it would be pleasing unto you, Lord change my heart continually. Help me to continue to examine my heart and if there is any wicked way in it, would you replace that with Your ways. God I want to be a woman who worships You and You only. God I pray if there is anyone else that is struggling in this area that you would encourage them, and align their hearts with Yours. In Jesus Name I pray Amen!!

Seek the Lord continually,
Adrienne


Linking to:



Saved By Grace Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you soo much for leaving an encouraging comment, I look forward to reading them and thank you for stopping by.

God Bless you!
By His Grace,
Adrienne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is the Truth?


What is the truth?
Truth is not a feeling. Truth is not an idea. The truth is found in the Bible.Sincerity and good works do not bridge the gap of sin between God and man. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse a person (Heb. 9:22; John 14:6). Sincerity and good works are merely the reliance upon what is in the individual to merit favor with God. Sincerity is a form of pride when it is appealed to as a justification for being accepted by God: "But God, look at my heart. See how sincere I was? I deserve to be in heaven."No. If sincerity and good works were good enough to satisfy God, then He wouldn't have given us the Bible to correct our sincerely wrong ideas, and He wouldn't have sent His Son to do what our good works cannot.Truth is what God says is true.The truth is important not because it is simply true. It is important because truth is what defines who and what we believe in.Eternity is a long time to be wrong. Especially about Jesus.

What me and my Family Believe

What We Believe
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be spiritual! Therefore we remain flexible so the Holy Spirit may direct our worship.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be inspirational! Therefore we give a great place to music in our worship.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be intelligent! Therefore, in our services, we emphasize Bible teaching so God may instruct us how He would be worshipped.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be fruitful! Therefore we look for His love in our lives as the greatest evidence that we are truly worshipping Him.

How To Know God

How to Know God

Realize that you are a sinner. No matter how good a life we try to live, we still fall miserably short of being a good person. That is because we are all sinners. We all fall short of God’s desire for us to be holy. The Bible says, “No one is good—not even one” (Romans 3:10 NLT). This is because we cannot become who we are supposed to be without Jesus Christ.Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.The Bible tells us, “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while were still sinners” (Romans 5:8 NLT). This is the Good News, that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die in our place when we least deserved it.Repent of your sin.The Bible tells us to “repent and be converted” (Acts 3:19 NKJV). The word repent means to change our direction in life. Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him.Receive Jesus Christ into your life.Becoming a Christian is not merely believing some creed or going to church on Sunday. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life and heart. Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your life) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in...” (Revelation 3:20 NKJV).

If you would like to have a relationship with Christ, simply pray this prayer and mean it in your heart.

Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess you as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me. Amen.If you just prayed that prayer and meant it, Jesus Christ has now taken residence in your heart! Your decision to follow Christ means God has forgiven you and that you will spend eternity in heaven.

The Bible tells us, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 NKJV).

Praise the Lord, if you just asked Jesus in your heart I want you to know that the Angels in Heaven are rejoicing for you and so am I. Go to http://www.calvarychapel.com/?show=Churches and click on churches to find the closest church to you and go. Go and tell them that you've just accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart. They will be able to lead you to the next step.

God Bless you Brethren.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus!!! Amen!!!
Your sister in Christ Jesus!!!
Adrienne