Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Only paid $0.32 for 3 items at Walgreens {score!!!}

So today as I was looking through coupons and advertisement, I came across this awesome sale at Walgreens. Ok, so here was the deal: I like electrasol {pretty expensive I know} but, if you by it on sale and with a coupon you score!! So anyway, at Walgreens it wasn't really on sale the deal was you buy it for $3.49 and they give you a $1 back {not too bad, but still expensive for me}. So in this past Sundays ad {Smart Source 01/03/10} there was a coupon for $2.50 off Electrasol ( I was jumping for joy when I saw this}. Which, only happens every know and then. So here is the math $3.49{original price}-$2.50{Mft coupon}=$0.99 {out of pocket}-$1.00 {you get back in spending money}+$0.24{for tax} =$0.24 total for electrasol {score!!}.

So the total actually came out to $1.24 {which you have to pay out of pocket} but then she gives you back $1.00 {in catalina to spend on your next purchase}. This was my first transaction, so I had another transaction to be able to use that $1.00 right away because I needed an item(s). With the second transaction I needed some Ajax and they had a walgreens coupon for 2/$1 {I checked for manufacutures coupon but there wasn't any, unless I missed it}. So I used the coupon and you can only get the items for free if the item's are over a dollar {never under, it won't work}. So after I give her my 2 bottles and the walgreen's coupon it came out to $1.08 {wheww..it was over by $.08 what I hoped for, to be able to use catalina}. So I only paid $.08 for those {that's .04 cents each}. So all together I paid $0.32 for everything {with the exception of the dollar,but they gave it right back to me in catalina, same thing to me}.

If I would have just gone in there and paid regular price {which I almost never do..I'm frugal} I would have spent $5.50, let me break it down:
Electrasol $3.49ea
Ajax $0.99ea

Wow, why pay regular price when you can get it for almost nothing. Next time I will remember to take a pic. God bless you and stay frugal!!

I love to share my frugalities with you!!

Adrienne

"the wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets."" Proverbs 21:2 TLB

I had to share that verse with you. I read it today while doing our Money Map from Crown Ministries . I highly recommend it if you are trying to become debt free. First thing is though pray about like I have for the last 3 or so years. Then seek counsel, Dennis Ashby at our church is a financial counselor and he is awesome, totally led by the Lord. Then get a budget plan going. When I first read that verse Prov 21:2, this morning it was so convicting...seriously. Like when I got money in my hot little hands it was gone by the end of day. I was that foolish man that spent whatever I got. Growing up poor you tend to blow money right away {at least that's what I did}. But this is another reason why I love being frugal. Trying to save every penny to get out of debt. Also trusting in the Lord with what He gives you and being a good steward over it. "Keep out of debt and owe no man anything ". Romans 13:8 {amplified}

The Borrower is servant to the Lender" Proverbs 22:7
Steady plodding brings prosperity. Proverbs 21:5 TLB
You will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. John 8:32

Foundational Principles {taken from the Money map guide:
Key Principle One: God owns everything
Psalm 24:1 says: “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it.” (NIV)

Key Principle Two: We are to be faithful managers of all God entrusts to us
1 Corinthians 4:2 says: “It is required in stewards that a man be found faithful.” (KJV)

Key Principle Three: Invite God to take control of your finances
1 Chronicles 29:11 says: “We adore you as being in control of everything.” (TLB)

Key Principle Four: Faithfulness with money requires self-control, and God provides it
Galatians 5:22 says: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.” (NIV)


Key Principle Five: Celebrate each step as you make steady progress
Psalm 145:7 says: “They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.” (NIV)


God Bless you!!



Saved By Grace Blog

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a great deal! good job Adrienne!!!
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soo much for leaving an encouraging comment, I look forward to reading them and thank you for stopping by.

God Bless you!
By His Grace,
Adrienne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is the Truth?


What is the truth?
Truth is not a feeling. Truth is not an idea. The truth is found in the Bible.Sincerity and good works do not bridge the gap of sin between God and man. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse a person (Heb. 9:22; John 14:6). Sincerity and good works are merely the reliance upon what is in the individual to merit favor with God. Sincerity is a form of pride when it is appealed to as a justification for being accepted by God: "But God, look at my heart. See how sincere I was? I deserve to be in heaven."No. If sincerity and good works were good enough to satisfy God, then He wouldn't have given us the Bible to correct our sincerely wrong ideas, and He wouldn't have sent His Son to do what our good works cannot.Truth is what God says is true.The truth is important not because it is simply true. It is important because truth is what defines who and what we believe in.Eternity is a long time to be wrong. Especially about Jesus.

What me and my Family Believe

What We Believe
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be spiritual! Therefore we remain flexible so the Holy Spirit may direct our worship.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be inspirational! Therefore we give a great place to music in our worship.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be intelligent! Therefore, in our services, we emphasize Bible teaching so God may instruct us how He would be worshipped.
WE BELIEVE the worship of God should be fruitful! Therefore we look for His love in our lives as the greatest evidence that we are truly worshipping Him.

How To Know God

How to Know God

Realize that you are a sinner. No matter how good a life we try to live, we still fall miserably short of being a good person. That is because we are all sinners. We all fall short of God’s desire for us to be holy. The Bible says, “No one is good—not even one” (Romans 3:10 NLT). This is because we cannot become who we are supposed to be without Jesus Christ.Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.The Bible tells us, “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while were still sinners” (Romans 5:8 NLT). This is the Good News, that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die in our place when we least deserved it.Repent of your sin.The Bible tells us to “repent and be converted” (Acts 3:19 NKJV). The word repent means to change our direction in life. Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him.Receive Jesus Christ into your life.Becoming a Christian is not merely believing some creed or going to church on Sunday. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life and heart. Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your life) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in...” (Revelation 3:20 NKJV).

If you would like to have a relationship with Christ, simply pray this prayer and mean it in your heart.

Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess you as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me. Amen.If you just prayed that prayer and meant it, Jesus Christ has now taken residence in your heart! Your decision to follow Christ means God has forgiven you and that you will spend eternity in heaven.

The Bible tells us, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 NKJV).

Praise the Lord, if you just asked Jesus in your heart I want you to know that the Angels in Heaven are rejoicing for you and so am I. Go to http://www.calvarychapel.com/?show=Churches and click on churches to find the closest church to you and go. Go and tell them that you've just accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart. They will be able to lead you to the next step.

God Bless you Brethren.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus!!! Amen!!!
Your sister in Christ Jesus!!!
Adrienne